วันพุธที่ 18 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX Great Drive for a Great Price!


WD Caviar Black, (What's this?) Have had the HDD in service for around a month now with no apparent problems. The 64 MB buffer seems to have sped up the seek time somewhat. Had previouly bought one of the same model 6 months earlier and liked it. My one complaint would be the way it was packaged for shipping. I have seen this same complaint from others. I felt it was poorly packaged but luckily it arrived undamaged.
good item, (What's this?) This hard drive writes data twice as quickly as my last one and it seems to be reliable so far. It also came quickly and the seller was good.
Great Drive for a Great Price!, (What's this?) Works perfectly. I wouldn't say it's the fastest drive on the market but for what it is it gets the job done.
Very Impressed So Far, (What's this?) I purchased this drive a month ago and installed it in a SANS metal drive enclosure with an eSata connection to my laptop. When transferring large files, I see a consistent 100MBs which is quite fast for a non SDD. The drive is extremely quiet. I also highy recommend the follow enclosure for it: SANS DIGITAL MS1UTP 3.5" USB 3.0 & eSATA Drive Enclosure.
Great but New Price is Shocking, (What's this?) This Hard Drive worked just as advertised. I've had the drive for a year almost. It was surprisingly quiet, comparing it to the defacto Seagate 320GB Hard Drive I had inside my HP Elitebook before I swapped it eventually with the Vertex 3 Max IOPs Edition SSD. The Drive can get louder over time as more space is occupied; I noticed a sound hike when the drive was beyond 80% of its capacity. Overall, I would recommend it.

However, the new price for it is kind of shocking; I bought it at Amazon for $149.99. Now I see it over $219, almost close to the price of the 3TB Hard Drive.. Because of that, I would wait till that inflation goes down; otherwise at its original price of $150 dollars, I see it as a solid buy....
Great Drive, (What's this?) Purchased this drive because my old Raptor drives are almost full. I do a lot of audio recording for music and play a lot of games (SWTOR HOW I LOVE THEE!) and the drive works great. Access is fast and moving large files is a breeze. Packaging came as expected in an OEM drive. Came in a anti-static bag and cardboard edges to keep the drive from bouncing around.

The noise level of the drive is probably louder than some of the "greener" drives but really, my rig has a huge graphics card and fans to keep everything cool so I can't say the drive is loud as my rig is pretty noisy anyway. For those with water cooled systems, this may be an issue.

Definately would buy from Amazon again, this drive was far less than other sites, Brick & mortar included.
I have 6 of them, I keep buying these drives because they are so good. I am an advanced user and I go through a lot of drives. A year or so ago I decided to spend more $$$/GB to get better drives even though they may not be as large. These drives are noticeably faster than typical consumer drives and seem to last a lot longer. Since I use my drives a lot, thrashing them sometimes, the consumer ones just fail within a year. These dont. I have 6 in my case now, looking for 2 more and switching to a 6-drive RAID setup.
The new benchmark for me, (What's this?) I'm very happy and confident using the WD drives. I've noticed a decreased boot time since upgrading to this drive as well. My previous HD was the 1TB WD Caviar Green drive.
Awesome, (What's this?)
So far so good..., (What's this?) I bought got this HD a week ago. I bought it for my first custom computer build. I have had no problems with it yet. It goes nicely with my Intel I7 2600k and Asus P8P67 Pro MOBO. I might try an SSD next, but this was the best bang for the buck for me.

  • 5 year limited warranty.
  • StableTrac The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations.
  • WD Caviar Black high performance 3.5- Inch SATA hard drive combines 7200 RPM, 64 MB cache, and SATA 6 Gb/s interface for the ultimate in power computing.
  • High performance electronics architecture features dual processors and bigger, faster caches for maximum read and write speeds.

  • 5 year limited warranty..StableTrac The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations..WD Caviar Black high performance 3.5- Inch SATA hard drive combines 7200 RPM, 64 MB cache, and SATA 6 Gb/s interface for the ultimate in power computing..High performance electronics architecture features dual processors and bigger, faster caches for maximum read and write speeds..WD Caviar Black delivers industry-leading performance that's perfect for hard-core gaming and intensive photo and video editing.

    WD Caviar Black Hard Drives – Maximum performance for power computing. WD Caviar Black high performance 3.5-inch SATA hard drives combine 7200 RPM spin speed, an integrated dual processor, and dual actuator technology for lightning-fast performance in demanding desktop, workstation, and multi-drive systems. And 1 TB capacity gives you the space you need to hold enormous amounts of photos, videos, and files. Best of all these drives are backed by a 5-year limited warranty.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น