วันศุกร์ที่ 16 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB 5400 RPM SATA III 64 MB Cache Bare/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD30EZRX


Alignment Problem, (What's this?) If anyone is having problems with this drive, and has been reading these reviews, he is no doubt aware of the problem with the 4KB blocks when using this with XP, and the two possible solutions of using jumpers or running an alignment tool. (If not, check out many 1 star reviews, many either describe the problem or else post links to discussions of the problem.)

I went to WD's site to try to apply these problems, but found it rather tricky to track down details, so for the benefit of those doing the same:

1.
It works as advertised, (What's this?) Not too much to say about this.
I received it timely.
It has been in my SavedItems list for a long time now waiting for it to dip below $200.
It is a very cheap yet reliable 5400 rpm drive that is perfect for recording/watching tv on my htdv
I already have four 2TB versions of these and have not had any problems with them.
I installed it without any problems in my Dell 9100 and it is working well.
WD20EARX Doubled in price since September., (What's this?) I bought this drive in September from Amazon. I came back today because I would like to get another one. I will not be buying another one at this time because I only paid 79.99 3 months ago and for some reason it is double that price now. I guess prices are inflated for Christmas time.

Great HDD but totally not worth double the price I already paid for one.
Working right along as expected . . ., (What's this?) I bought four of these to upgrade our system. They are working right along, as expected. I guess when it comes to disk drives, the proof is in their longevity, so that remains to be seen at some point in the future. Get back to me in two or three years to see if they pass the real test of time. However, they came out of the box and started working without defect, so we are off to a good start.
2.5 terabyte drive install problems, (What's this?) I bought the 2.5 terabyte drive and installed it in a 64bit windows 7 box as a data only drive. After booting windows I used the windows disk manager to initialize the drive as a GPT partition. It did so but only reported 280GB. I check the bios and the drive was showing up as a 301GB drive. I wrote WD tech support for help on this and got no reply. So after a couple of days of waiting for a resolution, I tried using GPARTED to create the partitions. GPARTED could see the full 2.5 terabytes, but it would not let me create any new partitions, so I deleted the existing partition windows 7 had created and used GPARTED to re-initialize the drive as a GPT drive. I was then able to create a single NTFS partition using the full drive size.

I can't give any opinion on the longevity of this drive, but it does run quite and my transfer speeds were good. The price was great. I only gave this drive 4 stars because the tech support seems non-existent. I hope documenting my experience may help someone else with a similar problem installing these drives as a non-booting data drive.
Good Value, (What's this?) A few months ago I bought a 2TB WD Black SATA III drive for $149.
I cannot believe the high prices now, this is what I paid for this drive, I needed RAID so I bought 2.
I must admit it is a little slower than the Black but it works pretty good and doesn't get as hot.
Great drive! Advanced Format Required for optimal preformance, Pros - This drive is awesome. Tested for over 24 hours without a hitch before format. Getting file transfer speeds between 130 - 115 mpbs.

Cons - none yet.

Other - Drive requires an advanced format partition. Must use xp jumper to use without proper setup. Advanced Format means the drive needs 4k sectors in order to read/write without errors. The drive partition must be aligned to a sector divisible by 8.

Running - Ubuntu 11.
Great drive for the price, (
Don't Use With Windows XP, (What's this?) This 3TB drive is not compatible with Windows XP SP3, It shows up as about 750G due to OS addressing issues (thank you microsoft), not the fault of the drive. Upon further research it looks like all 3TB drives will have this problem.
Don't assume drive works in enterprise RAID config - good drive otherwise, (What's this?) I purchased this drive to use in a RAID1 configuration off an Adaptec 6805E to build a new VMWare ESXi 5.0 host. This is not an enterprise drive and that created a big headache for me. This is likely due the lack of error correction timeout control and other things about the drive that are not enterprise. I returned it for a WD RE 2TB (WD2003FYYS), an enterprise drive. I have a lot of experience with drives, but thought I would be able short-circuit good practice just this one time to save some money and get SATA 6.0 Gbps.

  • 3 year limited warranty
  • 3 TB capacity holds up to 600,000 digital photos, 750,000 MP3 files, and 360 hours of HD video
  • IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise, and vibration
  • Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
  • WD Caviar Green hard drives reduce power consumption by up to 40% and offer best-in-class acoustics.

  • 3 year limited warranty.3 TB capacity holds up to 600,000 digital photos, 750,000 MP3 files, and 360 hours of HD video.IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise, and vibration.Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging.WD Caviar Green hard drives reduce power consumption by up to 40% and offer best-in-class acoustics.. WD Caviar Green Hard Drives – Cool, quiet, . WD Caviar Green hard drives provide high capacity storage while using up to 40% less power than traditional 7200 RPM drives. In addition, these hard drives are quieter and cooler than traditional 7200 RPM drives.

    WD Caviar Green 3 TB desktop SATA hard drives give you the most available capacity for enormous amounts of software, photos and videos.  These drives make it possible to build high capacity, cool and quiet systems, while delivering the right balance of system performance and energy conservation.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น