วันจันทร์ที่ 26 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870 900M 1 GB DDR5 DUAL MINIDP HDMI DUAL DVI PCI-E Video Card (HD687AZHFC)


Not so loud, looks GREAT!, (What's this?) This is a short card.
Great Compact Card, I purchased this card to upgrade my Dell XPS 8300. The power supply on the 8300 is somewhat restrictive at less than 500W. I could tell from their website specs that this card is likely their "high end" option. Amazon's price is MUCH better than Dell's upgrade cost and installation is a breeze.

The card requires two power connectors but the 8300 has them. Also, the 8300 case is a bit narrow and this version of the card fits with a little room to spare. It's a bit noisy but that's pretty common for a card with these specs in this price range.

Overall, you won't be disappointed and for those of you wondering if this is compatible with Dell's XPS 8300 - it is. Save yourself some cash by upgrading yourself.

FYI: another great upgrade for the XPS8300 is Corsair XMS3 16GB (4x 4GB) PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory Kit for AMD and Intel Dual Channel Processors CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM. Again - you'll be upgrading to great RAM for a fraction of Dell's price.
Amazing for its price, After using an Nvidia 9800GT for a year I decided to invest in a better video card. I have no regrets.
Great Card With One HUGE Flaw, (What's this?) I bought this card a few weeks ago because it came out to $130 after rebate, which at the time was a great deal. For the most part I was happy with my purchase. Performance-wise, it was everything I expected. I'm able to run everything with a smooth frame rate at maximum or near-max settings.

The problem with this card is the fan. I've never heard a cooling fan this loud. When it's idling, I can hear it from the other side of my house. When it's under load it's almost deafening. You would think with all the noise that the fan would do a good job of cooling it, but it doesn't. The card was idling at around 65C and it got up to around 95C (sometimes pushing 100C) when playing something graphically intensive.

I ended up spending another $30 on an Accelero Twin Turbo Pro and now the card is basically perfect. It idles at around 45C, hasn't gotten above 75C and is pretty much silent. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase, but it ended up being not such a good deal with the extra money I had to spend on an aftermarket cooler and I probably would have been better off spending a little more on a card that had decent cooling out of the box.
Not 1/2 Bad, (What's this?)
GREAT VALUE & POWER FOR ITS PRICE!, (What's this?) I've always had the enfatuation for an AMD CPU/ATI Video Card combo.

I initially stacked an AMD 955 BE with an Inno3D nVIDIA GTX 460 1GB OC Edition and everything was well-balanced. I did however, have the opportunity to switch over to the 6870 when my friend was interested in the 460. I sold the 460 then got the 6870.

First impressions, great package. Sleek, clean, and classy. For the freebies, a Deus EX download and a rebate in the form of a prepaid card. Cost at the time of purchase was $179. Good deal.

Here's a comparison versus the 460:

test platform:

HARDWARE:
processor
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE AM3
3.8 Ghz (19x200)
CPU Voltage: 1.3625
NB Volatge: 1.2000

cpu cooler
Deepcool Ice Blade Pro

motherboard
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
BIOS Revision: F8

memory
PQI DDR3 1333 4GB x 2, 8-8-8-21-28-2T

hard drive
Samsung 1TB HD103SJ
Hitachi 1TB HDS721010CLA332

graphics cards
Inno3D GeForce GTX 460 OC (yes, I overclocked this even more; more overclock from factory overclocked settings)
DDR5 1GB
Core Voltage: 0.937 Volts
Core clock: 825 Mhz
Memory clock: 4000 Mhz

XFX Radeon HD 6870
DDR5 1GB
Core Voltage: 1.17 Volts
Core clock: 900 Mhz
Memory clock: 4200 Mhz

display
ViewSonic VX2450 23" LED Display

power supply
Thermaltake Litepower 700W

SOFTWARE:
Operating System: MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Graphics drivers: nVIDIA GeForce 285.62 ATI CCC 11.
Works great for Macs, I have a 2006 Mac Pro. Prior to purchasing this card, I had a Radeon HD4890 that only worked in OS X with a little bit of work. I also run Boot Camp to dual-boot with Windows 7 for gaming, and it was time for an upgrade.

I read on a forum that the 6870 works natively in OS X with the 2006 Mac Pro. I bought one, and sure enough, it works great without having to jump through hoops.
Great Card for your money $$$, (What's this?) Pro:
Worked right out of the box.
Fit in my H8-1020 case.

Con: None so far...

Hopefully it will play SWTOR better than my HD 6570.......
Fan is not "too Loud", (What's this?)
Excellent! I will reccomend to anyone!, (What's this?) I ordered this Graphics Card for my new Dell XPS-8300. This Card does everything I need it to do and more, whether its 1080p Gaming or Adobe After Effects HD video editing, this card can take it on. Radeon 6870 HD arrived just 18hrs after purchase. Super easy to install. Amazing Performance! I tested this and it can power three 43" 1080p displays at once, also includes efinity-eye support for gaming! Amazing Performance for only about $159. Best Bang for your buck.

  • Chipset: Radeon HD6870
  • Engine Clock: 900 MHz
  • Stream Processors: 1120
  • Memory Clock: 4200 MHz
  • Video Memory: 1GB DDR5

  • Chipset: Radeon HD6870.Engine Clock: 900 MHz.Stream Processors: 1120.Memory Clock: 4200 MHz.Video Memory: 1GB DDR5.The AMD Radeon HD 6870 is 3D-ready and one of the first HDMI 1.4a and DisplayPort 1.2 solutions for Stereoscopic 3D on the market. The AMD Radeon HD 6870 ushers in a new era of gaming that takes players to an entirely new level. The AMD 3D experience is truly immersive and seamless. AMD has also teamed up with other Open 3D ecosystem partners to provide consumers with more choice, more innovation and lower cost. Along with the new series XFX debuts the 3E Trilogy, incorporating AMD Eye-Definition (utilizing AMD's HD3D technology and DirectX 11 for explosive performance and stunning effects), AMD Eyefinity (which supports multi-display gaming), and AMD Eyespeed (improves video image quality and application performance for amazing visuals) technologies.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น