วันอังคารที่ 17 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Seagate Momentus 7200 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 16 MB Cache 2.5 Inch Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive ST9750420AS Grear drive at a GREAT PRICE.


works, (What's this?) works fine. crashed early on for some reason but I reinstalled the operating system and now it seems to be running ok.
Mine works pefect, I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews here, so I just thought I would add my input. I got one of these about a year ago. I got the 500 GB, and came back today to look at the 750GB because I liked it so much. I've loved the drive. Fast, and easy to move my data off the other drive. No problems, no noises. Just works, and works fast!

I've did some basic testing, but I forgot the numbers and don't have them anymore. But I had the non-XT version of the drive before and did some comparisons. Even after just the first boot or two, it was faster. Word, Picasa, profile switching, Eclipse, VMWare ... all seem to work faster. It's a pleasure to use this machine that my wife mostly uses now. (I got the company laptop myself)

I recommend the drive highly, almost want to buy one for my work machine. It's nice to have the capacity, speed, and low price.

Maybe I got lucky or something, but it think it's worth the chance. But as always, be sure to backup your data. I've got tonz of photos on my computer, and I make sure they are backed up to an external drive every now and then. (And I don't clear them off our camera until they are).
Grear drive at a GREAT PRICE., (What's this?) I had been looking for a 320GB drive with 7200RPM at a good price but to no avail.
3 months later and it's busted, (What's this?) Installed this in a friends laptop as an upgrade and now they're bringing it back to me a few months later because it's locking up and running slow. Ran some tests and the drive is riddled with bad sectors and seeks constantly. I'll have to replace it again but I won't be buying Seagate this time.
Works great, (What's this?) I got 2 of these hard drives and have them in an external firewire 800 raid that works both with my Mac OS Lion and Windows 7 setups. I have used them in both raid 1 and raid 0. So far no clicking or other odd problems.
Mix review, (What's this?)
Excellent Purchase, (What's this?) Fast Delivery. Fantastic packaging. Worked perfect out of the box. This was a purchase to replace the Toshiba (160Gig 5400RPM)factory hard drive that crashed. I was quoted $320 to fix at local computer shop. Took me 3 minutes to install the HD, so I saved $240 by doing it myself. There is a big big difference in the speed also. Everything loads at least 2X as fast. Start up is less then 5 seconds. Very quite. There are no overheating problems either. I am running it on a Dual Core Processor with Vista Business. 90% of applications are High Graphics (CAD,CFD,Photoshop,Corel) and not once has it even thought about locking up. I read several bad reviews about this product but went with it anyways because of the price. There is nothing I can say negative about this HD. I was looking at the Momentus XT as a replacement, but couldn't justify the 2X price for a laptop that I use as a spare. I would purchase another one of these if I needed it.
DOA, (What's this?) Not a robust drive.
Bought it a couple months ago and didn't get around to installing it until now.
(i.e. after 30 day return period)
Once installed received nothing but annoying beeping coming from the hard drive.
Took the drive and laptop to a local computer tech.
He confirmed it's dead Jim.
750GB drive failed within two weeks, (What's this?) Before I get into specifics, this caution - note the date and model on this (and other) Seagate internal hard drive reviews. Amazon lumps together drives of differing technology, size, and generation into one review pile. Look for the reviews that actually apply to the drive you're considering.

Even though I read multiple reviews warning that this 750GB drive is prone to failure, I'm an optimist so I bought one anyway. About two weeks later, my computer crashed with a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which turned out to be due to a bad sector that had developed in a critical system file.
Failed after about a year of solid everyday use..., This review is for the 320GB version of the HD which I used as a replacement in my MacBook Pro 1,1 laptop because I wanted to upgrade the OS to Snow Leopard and the original HD was not big enough at 100GB. At first the drive worked great, it was a noticeably faster and much more quiet than the original HD that came with the Mac Book Pro. Similarly with the new HD I noticed that my MacBook still can get quite hot during prolonged periods of use just like with the old HD that came with the MacBook.

After about a year of solid everyday use (several hours for school work and several more hours watching TV programming on Hulu and Amazon) my Mac Book began to have slower, and even more slower boot up times until eventually the it would no longer boot at all. I was able to temporarily fix the problem by erasing the HD and re-installing the Snow Leopard OS, however the same problem began to occur after about two months of use with the same final result of the Mac Book no longer being able to boot up on its own.

  • Seagate SmartAlign technology provides a transition to 4K sectors without the need for software utilities
  • 7200 RPM delivers a constant high-performance boost with capacity options up to 750GB
  • Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
  • Innovative options and features - the power to transform from ordinary to extraordinary
  • Two Year Warranty

  • Seagate SmartAlign technology provides a transition to 4K sectors without the need for software utilities.7200 RPM delivers a constant high-performance boost with capacity options up to 750GB.Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging.Innovative options and features - the power to transform from ordinary to extraordinary.Two Year Warranty. Seagate Momentus 7200 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 16 MB Cache 2.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น